I rolled 25 pounds worth of slabs thinking it would be enough to cut the total amount of tiles needed, but unfortunately, it was not quite enough. So, I had to mist these with water and seal them up, hopefully they're still at a workable stage.
I was really anxious to get started on the design, so, while waiting for the new slabs to dry enough to cut, (persistence!) I drew the angel face and transferred it to Mylar for the purpose of transferring the outline to the largest tile.
As I engaged in the process of carving out the rays I decided that I would save the pressed tile design, maybe for the corners. I envisioned the clay sticking in the rays or other small areas if I went with my original plan. Instead, I have decided to go with additive relief sculpting for the main tiles.
I have been exploring various options for the eyes, these are some images I found on-line, thought I would experiment with this treatment using scrap clay, just to see what I think. That's where I am right now.
Thus far, I haven't hit any big snags, there have been no difficult problems to work through. I'm happy with the way things are going. I only wish there were more hours in the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment