A Collection of Scratchings
I have a fairly clear vision of how I want most of my tiles to look, but I am not really sure about the center tile and the corners. I think I want to go with a very simple flower (and maybe vine?) design, but am still exploring. I began observing flower designs all around and decided to collect these “morsels” for inspiration. From the top left you see an illustration from a Tomie de Paola book that I snatched from a student’s hand as they prepared to return it to the library, a rubber stamp I bought but never used, cat treats….strange place to find a 'flower', fabric from a Pottery Barn table runner, and the background it a Tree of Life image I had been saving for a while. Yummy stuff !!!
I did a little sketching after studying my collected images. This might be a little too busy for the space I have, but I think I’ll hang onto it for future work.
No comments:
Post a Comment