Sunday, January 19, 2014

Introduction

Experiencing Some Technical Difficulties

I’m Sheryl Lamme, I received my BSED in Art from UCM about a hundred million years ago, when it was CMSU and dinosaurs still roamed the face of the earth. I’ve traveled the world, lived on both coasts and in between, courtesy of the US Navy. My husband was the active duty service member; I was full time mom, home-maker, and supportive Naval Officer’s spouse. (I must say that it was an amazing experience - I loved every minute!)
I’ve taught elementary art for the past fourteen years. My certification is K-12 and occasionally I toy with the possibility of teaching at a different grade level, but truth is, I adore my elementary students. My school is located on Ft. Leonard Wood, a large Army training post. My kids are 99.9% military dependents. I think my own experience with the military lifestyle helps me understand them a little better.
This winter I completed my coursework, from MU, for a Master’s in Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum with an emphasis in art. It was one of the best experiences of my life! Kathy Unrath is, as VaLynda Fremont claims, “A magical wizard!” My fervor for teaching has been completely reignited, and despite the fact that I really, truly wanted at least a short break from school, when I learned that my dear and much respected friend Amy Roupp was teaching this course, I HAD to sign up.
I’m not sure where my educational journey will lead me from here, but I’m ready to forge ahead! Let the fun begin!


1 comment: