Saturday, February 4, 2012

VTS Week 3 - Read and Reflect

READ & REFLECT

“A Brief Guide to Developmental Theory & Aesthetic Development” (DeSantis & Housen)

I agree that this is a wonderful VTS advocacy article and I will be sharing it with colleagues, my administrator, as well as the district fine art coordinator.

This article revealed to me just how clearly Housen's model of Aesthetic Development(and VTS)mesh(es) with the developmental theories of Piaget and Vygotsky. While I had no real ah ha moments, nor any serious* questions. I could not help but be impressed by, as Mary put it, the research rigor to which VTS has been subjected.
I introduced a friend to Popplet last week, so in the true spirit of exploring connections, here's a Week 3 mind map.


*If there is no thought without language does that mean my dog does not think, or does it mean that she thinks in dog language? These are types of questions that come to me in the time between wake and sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely ponder the dog question! (Love Popplet!)

    ReplyDelete