Friday, August 26, 2011

Random VTS Observations

Aural Thinking Strategies /ATS???
As driving to work one morning this week I was listening to a new CD for the second time. I loved the melody of one song, (Van Morrison never disappoints), and found myself struggling to interpret the meaning of the lyrics. What I initially thought was a bluesy folk song was actually more of a gospel. When this finally dawned on me I literally thought to myself, "What did you hear that made you think that?" Would Housen and Yenawine be proud of me or what?!

30 Things About Mrs Lamme
The prezi I posted here was created to introduce myself to students this year. Today marked the 19th time in three days that I shared it via the SmartBoard. I began to notice certain similarities in the responses of my students. The images of my two dogs never failed to elicit a collective "Ahhhhhhh" from every single class K-6. After viewing the image of my previous school in California, several younger students were convinced that they had attended that school. Younger students always wanted to tell me that they knew someone who had the same name as my husband or two sons, and the MU bell tower photo always drew forth a comparison to Disneyland. Interesting to see concrete examples of my students connecting to the images of my life through a comparison of what they know and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment