Sunday, August 28, 2011

Frustration





Fru-u-u-stration! (to the tune of Carly Simon's Anticipation)

I know that for the VTS course that we are only required to document the pre and post assessments with one class, however, for my personal data I intend to track the gains of all three of my third grade classes. Third grade might well be my favorite grade, they're not too cool to still worship and adore their teachers, they still harbor that strong desire to please. One of the classes this year however, seems to be stacked with more that the usual number of class clowns and discipline problems. Picture me with this group last week, I had just set the stage for the pre-assessment - dimmed the lights, projected the image,given the prompt and they were hard at work, laboring away over their papers. All was quiet in the art room. Then, the door opens and in bursts the principal. Meaning well, I am certain, he bellows,"Boys and girls, we are lucky to have such a good art teacher. Let's give her a round of applause!" Of course the entire class went completely bananas. I struggled to glance his way, a polite smile pasted on my face. AUGH! Note to self, the pre-VTS assessment for group B may be slightly skewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment