What did you learn about your current VTS skills from self-assessing Video #3 from last semester?
I think I do a good job of asking the three questions, though I do not ask question #2 as often as I do #1 and #3. Sometimes it wasn't neccessary and other times maybe I should have.
What do you think you are doing well? (What did you see that makes you say that?)
I'm good at paraphrasing. I enjoy the challenge, and I paraphrase almost everything.
What do you need to work on? (What did you see that makes you say that?)
I still need to continue working on keeping the time to about 15 minutes. My tape lasted 25 minutes. Students were squirmy and restless.
What behaviors/ skills will you focus on developing and /or improving during the semester?
I hope that this does not sound like a silly goal, but I would like to work on smiling more. As I watched the tape I realized that I only smiled three times during the video. I think that in my endeavor to remain neutral that my face does not reflect how much I really enjoy facilitating VTS. I want my students to realize that VTS makes me happy!
Great assessments! I join you in the "stone faced" category. When I concentrate and work hard, I just dont' smile (which could explain my furrowed brow!) and VTS, as you know, is hard work...even if ENJOYABLE hard work! We'll be working on the same challenge this semester. SMILE!
ReplyDelete