I'm about 1/3 of the way through Drive, Daniel Pink's last book. I love that man! He has the ingenious ability to communicate his brilliant thoughts in such a manner that makes you feel like you're just hanging out with your next door neighbor. While attempting to refine my research problem I came across this video promoting the book.
Pretty simple, huh? NOW, if I can just figure out my sentence the rest of the pieces should just fall, effortlessly into place!
THANKS, SHERYL!! Now I'm going to be pondering my sentence all day...I'm thinking at this point that a muddled NOVEl may be where I am. =0)
ReplyDeleteHow do you have time to read outside of class!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this book Drive and Pink's TED talk as well. I thibnk if you are interested in what motivates us in every arena in our lives Pink is the go to guy. I almost included this book in another course but didn't want to seem too Pink-centered but I always encourage my students to read other work from authors that inspire them ( when you have time). I have been thinking about this in response to what we were thinking about on Friday when we discussed the ideal world scenarios for art education. If we all asked the questions he poses about developing our sentence and then following through with "am I better today?" we would be focusing on our big goals and potentially not be hung up on the day to day minutia that cause stress. Here's a research idea: What if you followed teachers who actually did this? It wouldn't
ReplyDeleteSometimes I hate when the blog comment editing freezes...arghhhh. Anyway I was saying this study could be small, maybe you only follow a handful of teachers and get frequent feedback from them about how this process changed their teaching. Maybe it is just you doing this as auto-ethnography, following your own thinking and watching for differences in your practice. I love this idea and may start the class tomorrow asking everyone to write their sentence just for fun.
ReplyDelete@Holly, I started reading during my 8 days between the last day of school and the first day of Research class. I haven't touched it since! Drive will wait patiently for me though, that's just the kind of author Pink is.
ReplyDelete@Kathy, WHOA! I LOVE your research idea!