Sunday, September 25, 2011

VTS Summative Project Proposal



Two Heads are Better Than One, N'est-ce Pas?

Inspired by the Post-it Note Wars, which began in France, summer 2011, I propose a similar project with my students.


Goals – To make students aware of pop culture
            To emphasize a global connection
            To facilitate group discussion (VTS) of the images they encounter during this lesson
To have students create a virtual example of Post-it notes art


Rough Outline of Steps Involved:
Create a Prezi introducing Post It note wars – using photos captured from the web as well as photos taken by a friend who lives in Paris. (THANK-YOU Markus!) Discuss Pop Culture, and global connection.

Surprise students with a series of teacher created post-it images –On the large art room windows, the first week I will use the images of one eye, one mouth, and many ears. I will photograph each image. If students ask questions at this time I will ask them to consider what the images might mean, but refrain from engaging in formal discussion. For the second week I will create the images of many eyes, ears, and mouths. For the third week I will create the images of one ear, and one eye. (Images will be posted left to right)

Use the SmartBoard to share one photograph of all the Post-it images and facilitate a VTS discussion.

Students use graph paper to explore ideas for creating their own Post it inspired design. Students use computer lab and virtual stickies to execute project. Final projects will be captured via screenshot and submitted to teacher’s SharePoint. Teacher will use SmartBoard to share all images.

To carry the experience one step further I might have students to vote on the images. The design, which receives the most votes, could be created on the window of the art room.









No comments:

Post a Comment